previous arrow
next arrow
Slider

My Super-Secret Self-Quarantine Log That Everybody Can Read

Gentle Reader: Like all of you, Days 1-4 of my coronavirus self-quarantine were largely spent laughing at toilet-paper hoarders. Then I needed toilet paper. Sh*t got real. In case some future archaeologist or home invader finds my mummified corpse in the chimney, I decided to keep an epic journal of my experience so future self-quarantinees…Read More…

The entangled histories of 'In Cold Blood' and narrative journalism

Lecture: 9:30am to 11am on Feb. 20Book-signing immediately afterwardCasper College (WY) Humanities FestivalMusic Building’s Wheeler HallAdmission is free Ron Franscell, who has been called one of the exciting voices in narrative nonfiction by some heavyweight authors like Ann Rule and Vincent Bugliosi, will deliver a lecture about how his particular style of crime journalism has…Read More…

The best true-crime books of all time? Maybe not

Last weekend, USA Today published a Goodreads list of the “Best True Crime Books of All Time.” There are some truly great books on the list, compiled from various Goodreads features like reviews, lists, and ratings from 90 million members. Ninety million readers can’t be wrong, can they? In this case, sort of. The meaty…Read More…

A few of my recent Facebook posts

Almost as soon as I finished the first draft of my next true-crime book last week, new and fascinating details came in. So Draft 1.0 becomes Draft 1.5 and my front-line proofreaders are already plotting retaliation. That's how the writing process works, folks: A writer is alone 98% of the time, then deals with crabby editors the other 2%. ... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

Follow Me!

Visit Us On TwitterVisit Us On FacebookVisit Us On LinkedinVisit Us On YoutubeVisit Us On Pinterest